|The new 2014 Alberta Building Code, 2014 Alberta Fire Code and the 2011 National Energy Code for Buildings are now available. How well do you understand the code provisions and their impact on your work?
Mark your calendars. Technical seminars are coming to Calgary on February 9-10, 2016.
Technical advisors from the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) will:
- address changes to the 2014 Alberta Codes and the National Energy Code for Buildings
- explain how the 2014 Alberta Codes differ from the national codes;
- explain why they were created; and
- illustrate their impact.
The seminars will offer clarification on technical changes affecting:
- Care occupancy
- Fire safety updates
- Six-storey wood construction
- Structural updates
- Radon gas protection
- New energy requirements (commercial, small buildings and housing)
- Use and egress of stairs, ramps, handrails and guards
Participants will leave the sessions with:
- an improved comprehension of the changes to the 2010 National Code provisions;
- a solid understanding of the 2011 National Energy Code for Buildings; and
- an overview of the major technical changes in the 2014 Alberta Building and Fire Codes.
Don’t miss this opportunity to get to know the new Codes. Sign up today!
For more information and updates: